In continuation of the Free Eye Surgeries Programme of Eunice Spring of Life Foundation (ESLF) in partnership with Tulsi Chanrai Foundation Eye Hospital Abuja, for patients with Glaucoma, Cataract and Pterygium, the general public is hereby informed about the opportunity for free eye surgeries on the following terms and conditions:
- Patient should be an indigene of Benue State and currently resident in the state
- Patient must express interest in person and in writing, backed by a recent (not later than 6 months) medical report from a reputable eye specialist recommending the specified surgery, submissions of which must be at the ESLF Office located at #12 Bill Anaka Street, HUDCO quarters Makurdi within the working hours of 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- All applicants must include their valid phone number in their expression of interest.
- All surgeries would be done at the Tulsi Chanrai Foundation Eye Hospital in Abuja and on specific days that would be communicated to patients ahead.
- Minors (patients 18 years) must have a caregiver (adult >18) of the same sex accompany them to Abuja for the surgery
- Caregivers shall not be allowed for adult patients. However, if the patient’s family insists, they shall bear the burden of their feeding, accommodation and transportation.
- Take-off point for the surgery is Makurdi, consequently, patients outside Makurdi would bear the cost of commuting to and fro Makurdi while ESLF bears the cost of transportation to and fro Abuja.
- Cost of feeding, surgery and drugs is free. However, it is advised that patients hold a reasonable contingency sum of money on them
- All patients that would be eligible to for the surgeries must covenant to submit themselves for conveyance to Tulsi Chanrai Foundation Eye Hospital and Back to Makurdi without staying back in Abuja for whatever personal reason
For more clarification, call 070 1990 5755
Dooyum Stephen Orkar
Programme Officer, Health
Eunice Spring of Life Foundation (ESLF)